Applications are due August 1.
Applicants are judged on their participation and involvement with the Junior Fair organizations, community involvement, leadership and an interview.
There will be three contest divisions for the Junior Fair Royalty Contest.
- Prince and Princess – Contestants must be between the ages of 8 & 11 (as of 1/1/16).
- Duke and Duchess – Contestants must be between the ages of 12 & 15 (as of 1/1/16).
- King and Queen – Contestants must be between the ages of 16 & 19 (as of 1/1/16).
- Each contestant must be the required age for the contest division as of January 1 of the current year. All must be members of a Belmont County Junior Fair youth organization.
- Scoring will be done on the following basis:
- Activities – 35%
- Leadership Positions – 30%
- School/Church/Community Activities – 10%
- Major Awards/Achievements – 10%
- Neatness/Appearance of Application – 10%
- Advisor Recommendation – 5%
Response to questions pertaining to:
- Leadership – 30%
- Activities – 20%
- General Questions – 20%
- School/Church/Community – 10%
- Major Awards/Achievements – 10%
- Personal Appearance – 5%
- Poise/Personality – 5%
- The Queen will be eligible to enter the Ohio State Fair’s Queen Contest held during the OFMA Convention in January.
- Applications due in the OSU Extension Office by 4:30 p.m. on August 1, 2016. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Interviews will be held on August 9, 2016 Location and Time schedule to be announced.
- Youth members of Junior Fair organizations (4-H, FFA, FCCLA, DECA, VICA, Girl Scouts, and Boy Scouts) may apply to be royalty of the Belmont County Junior Fair by submitting an application with and advisor’s speci ic recommendation.
- Applications are available from the OSU Extension Office, Belmont County, 101 North Market Street, Suite A, St. Clairsville, OH 43950 Phone (740) 695-1455 after July 1.
JUNIOR FAIR ROYALTY AWARDS
- Fair King
- Fair Queen
- Fair King and Queen, First Runners Up
- Fair King and Queen, Second Runners Up
- Fair King and Queen, Third Runners Up
- Fair Duke
- Fair Duchess
- Fair Duke and Duchess, First Runners Up
- Fair Duke and Duchess, Second Runners Up
- Fair Duke and Duchess, Third Runners Up
- Fair Prince
- Fair Princess
- Fair Prince and Princess, First Runners Up
- Fair Prince and Princess, Second Runners Up
- Fair Prince and Princess, Third Runners Up
2015 Junior Fair Royalty Award Sponsors
- Belmont County Agricultural Society
- Colerain Ruritan
- Dale & Lynn Betts
- Homan Knob Farm
- In Memory of James H. Keyser
- In Memory of Ron Ault by Debi Ault
- J D & Abbey Shumaker
- Judy Puskarich
- Kelly’s Suite II Limited Bill and Kellie Cappelleti
- Lynn Parks Farms
- Mark and Michelle Fehr Family
- In Memory of Ronnie & Marvelyn Saffell
- Morristown Mt. Climbers 4-H Club
- Rick, Tracy, and Ryan Temple
- Ridge Riders 4-H Club
- Riesbeck’s Food Markets, Inc.
- Smith’s Sawdust Studio
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JUNIOR FAIR ROYALTY
- Participate in opening ceremonies on Wednesday, September 7 at 12:00 Noon.
- Assist with the livestock shows and other fair activities at the 2016 fair. (Requires participation at the fair all week.)
- Participate in two parades in Belmont County. Any arrangements needed for the above must be made by the royalty themselves.
- Royalty to meet with the Junior Fair Advisor following the crowning to review fair responsibilities. Refer to the Junior Fair Royalty Application for the complete and up-to-date list of Expectations of Junior Fair Royalty during the Fair.