1st, $15.00; 2nd, $12.00; 3rd, $10.00; 4th, $8.00; others $5.00
- Boys Scouts, by packs, may exhibit their projects, crafts and camp projects as well as displays highlighting the basic components of the scouting program.
- To exhibit, the boy must be a registered Tiger or Cub Scout.
- A participation ribbon, attached to a 3X5 card, will accompany each entry, to be filled out by the den leader or pack leader.
- Booth exhibits must be complete and in place by 12:00 noon, Tuesday September 8, 2016. The Carnes Center will be open from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 31, and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 7, and from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Tuesday, September 8. Exhibits must remain complete until 5:00 p.m. Sunday, September 12. NO project is to be removed before release times listed. Violation will result in forfeit of club booth premium.
- Each pack may arrange booth display according to individual booth themes. Theme of exhibit will be selected by exhibiting organization. Themes should stress values which organization deems most important to youth work. Theme should be incorporated throughout exhibit in telling the story of organization’s purpose, goals, philosophy, activities and/or achievements.
- Booths are constructed of bare plywood and should be covered with background material. White paper will be available for use; however, any color or type of materials may be used. All other necessary supplies and equipment for completing displays are to be provided by each pack designing the booth.
- Do not hang anything from the ceiling. The use of electricity is strictly forbidden.
- DO NOT USE PAINT, NAILS OR SCREWS. Thumb tacks, tape and staples are to be used and must be removed at the time of booth dismantling after the fair.
- All paper, staples, tape, etc. from dismantling displays MUST be deposited in trash bins at Junior Fair Building. Clean-up is mandatory for each booth space.
- All booths must be checked by Junior Fair Department Advisor and approved before you leave. Failure to clean up booth or have your booth checked prior to leaving will result in the forfeit of booth premiums.
- Armbands to cover the cost of daily admission to the fair are available at a cost of $4.00 per registered Boy Scout and $8.00 per registered adult troop leader for those exhibiting projects in the fair, provided all registration information and armband fees are received by the Senior Fair Board Secretary by August 1, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. Armbands are to be requested for exhibitors and adult volunteers through only one Junior Fair Organization.
- Space will be provided for oversized projects that do not it into individual club booth exhibits.
- Each club member’s name must be attractively displayed within the exhibit other than on the member’s cards. Advisors names may also be displayed.
- Club name must be attractively displayed on the base of the booth.
- Booth exhibits will be judged according to the following point system:
- General Appearance – (40 Points)
- Well Balanced – 10
- Attracts Attention – 10
- Presents Idea Clearly – 10
- Neatness – 10
- Material – (30 Points)
- Quality of Exhibit – 15
- Attractive Display of Organization Name – 15
- Effectiveness – (30 Points)
- Presents Original, Unusual or Striking Ideas Relating to Displayed Work – 15
- Development of Selected Theme – 15