Mehlman, Stephens, Ebright
Deadline for all entries is 5 p.m. August 20, 2016. All livestock must be in place on the fairgrounds by 7 p.m. Tuesday, September 6. All stalls are to be cleaned by the exhibitor following the removal of the animals. Failure will result in forfeiture of premiums.
Pee Wee Showmanship Contest – 9 a.m. Friday, September 9, 2016. A fun show for those under age 9 and not in 4-H. Trophy to the winner by FFA Alumni Association of Union Local High School.
Adult Showmanship Contest – 9 a.m. Friday, September 9, 2016. A fun show for those over age 19 and not in 4-H or FFA. Trophy to the winner by Lofty Meadow Farm.
Dairy Cattle judging begins at 10 a.m. Friday, September 9, 2016. Please read carefully all rules and regulations for all open class exhibits, livestock exhibits, and the 2016 Ohio Livestock Exhibition Rules. In addition, any cow in milk may be brought in by 8:30 a.m. on Friday and released when the Dairy Show is over. Entry to indicate those cows are to be brought in on Friday only. No registration papers are required for Junior Fair members making entry. Please list all sires for dairy animals on entry forms. Any entry under two years of age already lactating must be shown in the Two-Year-Old Cow class.
ENTRY FEE – $5 per class, but no entry fees for Championship classes.
PREMIUMS: First – $25; Second – $20; Third – $15; Fourth – $10; and Fifth – $5. Rosettes awarded in Classes 113, 114, and 115 of each breed. Only first- and second-place premiums will be awarded in Classes 116, 117, and 118.
ORDER OF SHOW – Holsteins, Jerseys, Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, and Others.
SECTION (Use number on entry form.)
- Brown Swiss
- Any Other Recognized Breed
- Junior Heifer Calf – Born after 3/1/16 and over 4 months old
- Intermediate Heifer Calf – 12/1/15 to 2/28/16
- Senior Heifer Calf – 9/1/15 to 11/30/15
- Summer Yearling Heifer – 6/1/15 to 8/31/15
- Junior Yearling Heifer – 3/1/15 to 5/31/15
- Winter Yearling Heifer – 12/1/14 to 2/28/15
- Senior Yearling Heifer – 9/1/14 to 11/30/14
- Junior Two-Year-Old Cow – 3/1/13 to 8/31/14
- Senior Two-Year-Old Cow – 9/1/13 to 2/28/14
- Three-Year-Old Cow – 9/1/12 to 8/31/13
- Four-Year-Old Cow and Older – Born before 9/1/12
- Dry Cow (any age)
- Junior Champion Female
- Senior Champion Female
- Grand Champion Female
- Breeder’s Herd (3 females of any age, one sire)
- Produce of Dam (2 females of any age, of one dam)
- Young Herd (3 females, all under two years of age and owned by exhibitor)
21st ANNUAL DAIRY PRODUCTS AUCTION
12 NOON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2016,
Livestock Show Arena Belmont County Fairgrounds
Held in conjunction with the Junior Fair and Open Class Dairy Show. A portion of the money will be used to support Junior Fair dairy activities, and the remainder will be divided equally among the Junior Fair Dairy Cattle exhibitors.
THANK YOU TO THE BUYERS AT THE 2015 JUNIOR FAIR DAIRY PRODUCTS AUCTION:
- Tim’s Custom Installation
- Belmont Sleep Inn and Suite
- Kirke’s Ice Cream
- D&J Sales and Service
- Lofty Meadow Farm
- Don Stephens
- Rice Energy
- Kirk Leek Logging
- Plainfield Farms
- Butler Family
AND FOR DONATIONS:
- Barbara Saffell (in memory of Larry Saffell)
- Dr. Harold Kemp – Large Animal Vet Services
- Lance and Amy Ogilbee
- Twila Fisher
- L.E. Sommer
AND TO THOSE WHO WHERE SUPPORTERS OF THE 2015 SALE:
- Dairy Farmers of America
- Dairy Queen – St. Clairsville
- Domino’s Pizza
- Luke Johnson Pottery
- Logo Tek Signs
- Pearl Valley Cheese
- Twila Fisher
- Danny Waller